10 Small Business Website Statistics You Need to Know – 2017 Stats
In today’s digital age, your small business website plays an important role in the success of your business. People who are searching for the products and services they need locally no longer use the Yellow Pages but are instead using their smart phones or tablets. They want access to the things they need and want instantly at their fingertips.
That’s why having a great website to represent your brand and to connect with your customers is so vital. If your website is unattractive or outdated people will leave and go elsewhere. If your website is slow to load and has a poor navigational structure, people will leave and contact your competitors instead. If your website does not provide quality content and the solutions that your potential customers are looking for… you guessed it, they will leave your site and visit your competitors website instead.
Below is a list of small business website statistics that will help you determine whether or not your small business website is living up to the standards that your potential customers expect.
Source: Blue Corona
- 48% of people said that the number one factor they used to determine a business’ credibility was the design of their website.
- 38% of people will leave a website of the content and/or layout is unappealing.
- If visitors to a website don’t get a good impression of a business within the first 10 seconds, they will leave.
- Most users only take half a second to form their first impression of a website.
- 47% of people expect websites to load within two seconds.
- 64% of visitors want to see the company’s contact information on the homepage of the website; if they don’t, 44% of visitors will leave.
- 40% of visitors will leave a website if it’s not mobile-friendly.
Source: Red Design UK
- 2 out of every 3 minutes spent online are spent on a mobile device.
- Many visitors will reach a website through a referral site. When this is the case, 50% of them will use the navigation menu to get a better understanding of the site.
- Colors on a website matter, increasing web recognition by 80%. Darker color schemes will improve growth by 2% while those with a lighter color scheme saw 1.3% growth.
- 70% of people read a list with bullet points, while only 55% read a list that did not include bullet points.
- 4 out of 5 consumers use their smartphones to shop online.
- When a page takes longer than 4 seconds to load, the bounce rate is 100%.
Source: Impact BND
- 73% of people have been persuaded to buy a product or service after watching a video on a website.
- 70% of consumers learn more about a company through their blog than they do any direct advertising.
Your website should promote your business even when you can’t. With our web design services, we make sure your site does its job of telling your story, appealing to your target audience, and boosting your sales. Do you need a website for your small business or does your current website need an upgrade? Contact us today for a free web design consultation.