What is Mobile Marketing?
Mobile marketing is digital marketing that is designed for and optimized for delivery to cell phones, smart phones and other handheld devices. Any website that is not optimized for mobile use will not display correctly on today’s portable, handheld devices. As a result, the search engines will no longer rank sites that aren’t mobile friendly. Mobile marketing has become an important part of today’s digital marketing landscape because consumers now search for the products and services they need via their smart phones.
Why do you need it?
70% of mobile searches lead to online action within an hour.
40% of cell phone owners use a social networking site on their phone.
A survey found that 85% of adults are internet users and 67% are smartphone users.
1.4 billion smartphones are expected to be sold in 2016 alone.
Why Focus on Local Customers?
- Social networks help you to more easily spread the word about your business if you target local customers.
- Mobile marketing gives you real-time communication with your customers, giving your business a fresh look.
- Getting involved in the local scene gives your business better visibility in your community
- Google and other search engines give searchers local specific results when they are looking for a specific product or service in their area
Here Are 3 Ways to Get More Local Customers Through Mobile Marketing
1. Get Locally Listed
- About 67% of photos posted to the internet have an associated location.
- 96% of Google searches include a specific location.
2. Ask For Online Reviews
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- A bad review can deter as much as 22% of new customers that are considering making a purchase with a local business
- When something has already receives reviews online, it encourages other people to leave their own feedback
- Consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- Businesses risk losing as much as 22% of customers when just one negative review is found by users considering buying their product
- 72% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more
- 72% of consumers will take action after reading positive reviews about a local business or service
3. Invest in Mobile App Technology
Why invest in a mobile app?
- Mobile digital media time in the US is now significantly higher at 51% compared to desktop (42%)
- In 2015 mobile ad spending accounts for 49% of digital ad spending
- Nearly two-thirds of Americans own a smartphone and 19% of Americans rely on a smartphone for accessing online services and for staying connected
- 65% of US smartphone users check their phones within 15 minutes of rising. 64% check their phones within 15 minutes of going to bed
- 64% of decision-makers read their e-mail via mobile devices
- Mobile app store revenues worldwide are projected to grow to US $76.5 billion in 2017 according to Statista
- 44% of consumers say that they would like brands to deliver deals and coupons to their mobile devices
- Mobile commerce will account for 24.4% of overall eCommerce revenues by the end of 2017
- 78% of smartphone users access a retail site via a mobile app
Source 1: http://www.smartinsights.com/mobile-marketing/mobile-marketing-analytics/mobile-marketing-statistics/
Source 2: http://www.cmocouncil.org/facts-stats-categories.php?category=mobile-marketing